A³ for the 21st Century: Challenges Facing our Industry.
Explore the 2014 Program
The Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace International Research (A³iR) Conference held in Phoenix, AZ on January 17th & 18th, 2014 is presented by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. A³iR is an annual conference designed to bring together industry and academic leaders for presentations and discussions covering topics on the cutting edge of aviation thought and technology. The 2014 conference will address the following key focal areas:
- Global Security, Cyber Intelligence & Aviation Safety
- Unmanned Aerial Systems & UAVs – Privacy and Security
- Commercial Space Flight Systems and Safety
- Human Factors, CRM, and Aviation Psychology
- Systemic Safety including Fire, Law Enforcement, and Emergency Response
- Other critical areas – submissions on all aviation/aerospace/aeronautics related topics will be considered for presentation
- Conference papers will be eligible for submission to our journal co-sponsors
- Proceedings will be published in Scholarly Commons, a global open access system that is accessible via Google Scholar
- Confirmed keynote presentation Robert Sumwalt, current member of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). A pilot with more than 30 years of experience including 24 years as an airline pilot, Sumwalt was appointed to a two-year term with the NTSB as Vice Chairman in 2006 by President George W. Bush. He was then reappointed to the Board as a member for an additional five-year term by President Barack Obama in 2011. He has been involved with and led numerous airline safety programs and is co-founder of the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) Critical Incident Response Program, which provides guidance to airline personnel involved in traumatic incidents.
- 2014 Program
PARTICIPATE: Scheduled Presenters