Artist(s)

Ryan KobrickFollow

Description

When you walk into a room and something catches your eye, you feel a natural attraction and gravitational pull to that object. Everything around you goes quiet and you lock onto the object, your destiny is calling to you. No obstacle can prevent you from eventually reaching your goal. This is how I feel when I see a spacesuit. I am drawn to them. It’s cosmic. They have been cyclically appearing in my life and, both in leisure and my career. They represent a single point of inspiration for human spaceflight engineering and operations as they are the Earth’s tiniest self-contained spacecraft. This photograph reminds us that the full story cannot be captured in a snapshot, but every reflection adds a clue to piecing together history. The spacesuits and rocket here may represent our past, but every day they inspire the next generation of artists and engineers to prepare for our future in the cosmos.

This #NoFilters photo was taken in Huntsville, AL at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center on 21 May 2011.

Artwork Dimensions

Targeting a 18" x 12" metal print or similar size photo print. TBD $. Larger would be ideal.

Rights

(c) Ryan L. Kobrick, Ph.D.

Share

COinS

Cosmic Spacesuit Destiny

Cosmic Spacesuit Destiny