Submission Guidelines for QEP Files & Documents
Who Can Submit to Scholarly Commons
Anyone affiliated with ERAU may contribute to Scholarly Commons. This includes faculty, administrators, affiliated researchers, visiting scholars, staff and emeriti faculty. Non-affiliated persons may also contribute material if the work has been co-authored with an ERAU author.
Student contributions are limited to final copies of theses and dissertations that are recommended for inclusion by an ERAU faculty member, works that have been co-authored with an ERAU faculty member, or papers, presentations, or posters recommended for inclusion by an ERAU faculty member. (Current ERAU faculty or staff members may not contribute a work completed while they were a student at ERAU, unless it is recommended for inclusion by the faculty member who was teaching or advising the student at the time the work was created.)
How to Submit to Scholarly Commons
Before you begin, please be sure you have the following items:
- The submission's title
- The abstract
- A list of keywords (10 maximum)
- The necessary publisher permissions for posting to an open-access repository. (SHERPA/RoMEO is a good source for this type of information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.)
- The appropriate electronic version or open-source hyperlink to your file. Scholarly Commons accepts most electronic formats; however PDF is preferred. If you need assistance converting a document to PDF, please contact email@example.com.
Follow the instructions below to submit research to Scholarly Commons. You will be notified shortly regarding the status of your submission to Scholarly Commons.
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A research librarian will review your submission to ensure that the record is complete and that the publisher’s requirements have been followed. The librarian may contact you to obtain additional information. You will receive a status report within two business days.
- Once approved, your publication will appear in Scholarly Commons and can be added to your Selected Works profile, if desired.
A new process that will allow faculty and staff to submit materials directly into Scholarly Commons will be available soon.
Additional information about submissions can be found in the About and Policies sections of Scholarly Commons. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Submission Agreement from Upload Form
By the act of submitting my material to Scholarly Commons, I grant Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University the non-exclusive right to distribute my submission ("the Work") over the Internet and make it part of the ERAU Scholarly Commons.
I warrant as follows:
- that I have the full power and authority to make this agreement;
- that the Work does not infringe any copyright, nor violate any proprietary rights, nor contain any libellous matter, nor invade the privacy of any person or third party;
- that the Work has not been published elsewhere with the same content or in the same format; and
- that no right in the Work has in any way been sold, mortgaged, or otherwise disposed of, and that the Work is free from all liens and claims.
I understand that once a Work is deposited in the repository, it may not be removed except under extraordinary circumstances. Please see the Policies section for additional information.
Thank you for promoting your research through ERAU Scholarly Commons. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.