Download Full Text (4.0 MB)
- Letter From Leadership: Maj Mirmirani previews Embry-Riddle’s exciting growth and cutting-edge research.
- Capsules: A Step Toward Disease-Free Flight • Savings at the Gate • Unmanned Guidance • Virtual Technology Creates Bridge for Distance Learning • And More
- Eagle Flight Goes Electric: The Eagle Flight Research Center team is going fully electric to pave the way for hybrid aircraft of the future.
- Heat Wave: A discovery by Embry-Riddle researchers could help answer one of solar physics’ most burning questions and lead to clean nuclear power.
- The Sounds of Space: Embry-Riddle Prescott Campus faculty and students help prove Einstein’s theory is correct.
- Growing Research: Aquaponics lab explores food production for Earth and possibly Mars.
- Innovators - Space Craft: Meet a professor whose research is helping write the space policies and laws of the future.
- Innovators - A Model for Good Behavior: Linda M. Pittenger identifies key behaviors that set superior aviation and aerospace leaders apart.
- Q&A - Safe and ASSURE: Embry-Riddle researchers are shaping the future of UAS integration.
- Final Approach - Centered on Innovation: Embry-Riddle’s newest center will focus on technical training for aviation industry professionals.
Scholarly Commons Citation
"ResearchER Spring 2017" (2017). ResearchER. 1.
VOLUME 1, NO. 1 ResearchER is published twice annually (Spring and Fall). Opinions expressed do not represent the official view of the university. Use of trade names implies no endorsement by Embry- Riddle Aeronautical University. Change address, unsubscribe or email the editor at ResearchER@erau.edu Copyright ©2017 Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Florida/Arizona/Worldwide 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL 32114 All rights reserved. SENIOR ADMINISTRATION INTERIM UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT Karen A. Holbrook INTERIM SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH AND DEAN OF THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, DAYTONA BEACH CAMPUS Maj Mirmirani SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR EXTERNAL RELATIONS AND CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER Bill Hampton EDITORIAL SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS Anthony Brown DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI AND DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS Sara Withrow CONTRIBUTORS Melanie Stawicki Azam Alan Marcos Pinto Cesar Molly Justice Joseph M. Kays Lacey McLaughlin James Roddey PHOTOGRAPHY Alan Marcos Pinto Cesar Daryl LaBello David Massey Connor Mcshane Matt Wilson ILLUSTRATION Tablet Infographics Philipp Mösta Sherwood Richers NASA A. Simonnet PRODUCED BY CASUAL ASTRONAUT CASUALASTRONAUT.COM CREATIVE DIRECTOR Marc Oxborrow SENIOR EDITOR Colleen Ringer CHIEF CLIENT OFFICER Paul Peterson Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran’s status or sexual orientation. Nonprofit ID: 59-0936101 Member of the University Research Magazine Association urma.org
Copyright ©2017 Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Florida/Arizona/Worldwide 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL 32114 All rights reserved.