Presenter Information

Nicholas Golovin

Location

Daytona Beach, Florida

Start Date

27-10-1962 9:00 AM

End Date

27-10-1962 12:00 PM

Description

It is a pleasure to be here today, and take part in your Fall Conference on the Nation's Space and Space Science Programs . I have discovered a number of former associates in the Canaveral Council of Technical Societies, and there is no better way to resume old friendships than by joining in discussion of a problem of common interest . The purpose of your Conference -- "to stimulate se.rious thought and definitive planning on the.part of government, business and institutions, and a general awareness on the part of the public ..." in the challenges posed by what you call the "Pace of the Race to Space" -- is indeed such a problem.

Although the focus of your meeting is on the difficulties and opportunities facing the State of Florida and the Cape Area particularly, my assignment from your Executive Board Chairman-- Jim Duffett -- is somewhat broader. As I understand it, my function is to help to supply a long-range, national rather than regional, technical content for detailed review of more locally oriented issues. What I have to say is based on this understanding, and explains the somewhat sweeping title for these remarks -- "Space Science and Technology, the Near and Distant Future."

Share

COinS

Oct 27th, 9:00 AM Oct 27th, 12:00 PM

Key Address on Space Science and Technology for the Near and Distant Future

Daytona Beach, Florida

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.