Presenter Information

Ronald J. Philips

Start Date

4-1982 8:00 AM

Description

It is a pleasure for me to be here, and I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you the subject of space commercialization in the 1980's and beyond.

Let me say at the outset that the only forecast of the future that can be made with certainty is that our predictions don't often come to pass; at least, not in the manner or at the time we envision. It is especially difficult to forecast in a field as young and rapidly evolving as that of space flight. We have, after all, an experience base of less than 25 years on which to make projections.

We can however, usefully think about likely directions of the space program, however, and it is perhaps instructive in this regard to reflect on the development of aviation as an historical model in which great technological changes caused rapid growth in both capabilities and markets.

Comments

No other information or file available for this session.

Share

COinS

Apr 1st, 8:00 AM

Future Directions for the Space Program with Special Reference to the Commercial and Industrial Opportunities

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.