Welcome A: Site Coordinator’s Welcome & Acknowledgements

Location

Richard Petty Ballroom

Start Date

5-3-2018 8:40 AM

End Date

5-3-2018 8:45 AM

Description

Welcome to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU). Please enjoy your time at the conference. I hope you find the program sessions, workshops, and other events fun and rewarding. The planning and execution of any conference such as this involves the dedication and hard work of many people.

I want to express my sincerest thanks to the following:

• The over 170 registered conference attendees from over 50 educational institutions and corporations
  • All the students in the poster competition; • All the presenters in the technical sessions
  • The session moderators
  • Our generous sponsors: The ERAU Daytona Beach College of Engineering; MiSUMi USA; NSF Florida Advanced Technological Education Center; ERAU Daytona Beach Office of Undergraduate Research; and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
  • President P. Barry Butler, Dean Maj Mirmirani, and associate Dean, Yi Zhao for their leadership and guidance
  • All my fellow conference planners: Jeff Brown, Hongyun Chen, Keith Garfield, Richard Stansbury, Heidi Steinhauer, Yan Tang, and Tim Wilson
  • ERAU Scholarly Commons, and financial systems teams for their enormous help with the conference website and financial management
  • ERAU Creative Services for designing our program cover and call for papers flyer; • FAA’s Florida NextGen test bed and ERAU’s Eagle Flight Research Center for the Sunday tours
  • ERAU student musicians for their excellent performance at Sunday reception and Monday award banquet
  • Hodge Jenkins, ASEE SE Section President, for answering numerous questions about past conferences
  • Sally Pardue, the Program Technical Chair, and all the Division Chairs
  • The faculty, staff, and students of ERAU who helped make this conference a reality.

It has been a pleasure to serve as site coordinator over the last year in preparing for the conference. If I can help you during the conference, just let me know. Enjoy the conference and your time here at Embry- Riddle Aeronautical University and Daytona Beach, FL.

Lulu Sun, Ph.D.

Comments

View Lulu Sun's Bio

Share

COinS

Mar 5th, 8:40 AM Mar 5th, 8:45 AM

Richard Petty Ballroom

• The session moderators

Lulu Sun, Ph.D.