Analysis of Feminism I — September 3, 1999
The article is part one of a five part series on an analysis of feminism based on the research of Yvon Provençal. Dr. Provencal has been teaching philosophy at the Cégep de Granby (Québec) for nine years.
Internet Addiction as Diagnostic Addiction — September 3, 1999
This article continues the series on research reported at the 1999 American Psychological Association (APA) Annual Convention, Boston, MA, August 20-24, 1999. The topic this week concerns the nexus of politics and the diagnosis of mental disorder. The construct of Internet addiction is used as an example.
Trends. Political Action, Security, and, Isolation: Zapatista Dilemma — September 3, 1999
The articles discusses the positive and negative consequences that Isolation has on political action.
Trends. Reactions to Serial Shootings — September 3, 1999
The article discusses two classes of reactions when the mass media promulgate stories of serial shootings.
IBPP Research Associates
IBPP Research Associates: Azerbaijan — September 3, 1999
The Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic
The article involves fragments of the English language version of the constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic- -in force since November 27, 1995. The full version of the document is currently available at http://www.president.az/azerbaijan/constitution.
The following articles from the Azerbaijani constitution are listed, complete with text from the document:
- Article 72. Principal Obligations of Citizens.
- Article 73. Taxes and other State Duties.
- Article 74. Loyalty to Homeland.
- Article 75. Respect For State Symbols.
- Article 76. Defense of Homeland.
- Article 77. Protection of Historical and Cultural Monuments.
- Article 78. Environmental Protection.
- Article 79. Prohibition to Execute Responsibilities Contradicting The Law.
- Article 80. Answerability.
IBPP then provides commentary, including reflections on Confucianism's relevance to modern constitutions.