•  
  •  

Abstract

The world is an interesting place. No destination is the same, yet society's behavior has created many experiences common throughout the countries of this Earth. Many of us have forgotten our identities through crisis and stress. We must always remember that we are human first. With these seven poems, the forgotten problems that our brothers and sisters face every day are brought back to life. The challenges they face are also our own. I say with certainty that nobody's life lacks struggle. Only a feeling of togetherness can help us overcome the toxicity that we ourselves have created in our division of the human race. Now is the time to come together.

Bio

My name is Noah Ledee. I am a first-year student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I am an 18-year-old pilot who was born on the island of St. Martin, and I currently reside in Miami. Growing up in the Caribbean, I was no stranger to the difficulties that life had to offer. The dream vacation beach life is not the reality for most people living on the islands. Every day is a struggle for food, and every day hope is lost. There are many orphanages unrecognized by the government, which do not receive any help. After I saw the conditions in which these kids lived, my attitude and gratitude forever changed for the life and opportunities I am privileged to receive.

Share

COinS

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.