- Letter From Leadership: Maj Mirmirani spotlights Embry-Riddle’s goal to become a leader in research and scientific communication.
- Capsules: A Revolution in Aviation Fuel • EagleSat-1 Launches • Beyond the Wild Blue Yonder • Hyperloop Team at Top Speed • Bringing Clean Water to Haiti • The World’s Most Efficient Airport • Setting UAV Records
- Chasing Triton’s Shadow: Astronomers race to witness Neptune’s moon as it hides a background star.
- Sensors in Space: Researchers are working to help astronauts safely coexist with some dangerous neighbors — micrometeoroids and orbital debris.
- Making Strides: Embry-Riddle researchers engineer new ways to fight a crippling condition: hip dysplasia.
- Shape Shifters: Lightweight technology keeps batteries cool, supporting eco-vehicles.
- Innovators - Gale Force Success: J. Gordon Leishman helps bring a world-class subsonic wind tunnel to Embry-Riddle.
- Innovators - From the Bedside to the Bench: Mindful of a key faculty mentor’s pivotal guidance, Kathy Lustyk pays it forward to her own students.
- Q&A - Calming the Waters: The effects of climate change take shape in the Department of Mathematics Wave Laboratory.
- Final Approach - Exploring Above and Beyond: The Center for Space and Atmospheric Research pursues fundamental insights.
Scholarly Commons Citation
"ResearchER Spring 2018" (2018). ResearchER. 3.
VOLUME 2, NO. 1
ResearchER is published twice annually (Spring and Fall). Opinions expressed do not represent the official view of the university. Use of trade names implies no endorsement by Embry- Riddle Aeronautical University. Change address, unsubscribe or email the editor at ResearchER@erau.edu Copyright ©2018 Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Florida/Arizona/Worldwide 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL 32114 All rights reserved.
- SENIOR ADMINISTRATION UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT P. Barry Butler
- INTERIM SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH AND DEAN OF THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, DAYTONA BEACH CAMPUS Maj Mirmirani
- VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS Anne Broderick Botteri
- EDITOR ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, NEWS AND RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS Ginger Pinholster
- SENIOR ADVISORS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ALUMNI AND DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS Anthony Brown
- DIRECTOR, ALUMNI AND DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS/EDITOR Sara Withrow
- CONTRIBUTORS Melanie Stawicki Azam - Alan Cesar - Deborah Circelli - Becky Ham - Melanie Hanns - Kelly Pratt - James Roddey
- PHOTOGRAPHY Carol Browne - Marc Compere - Ken Fagan - Daryl LaBello - David Massey - Connor McShane - Terry Oswalt - Denise Pomponio
- CREATIVE DIRECTION Trish Kabus
- PRODUCED BY CASUAL ASTRONAUT CASUALASTRONAUT.COM
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR Marc Oxborrow
- SENIOR EDITOR Colleen Ringer
- CHIEF CLIENT OFFICER Paul Peterson
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran’s status or sexual orientation. Nonprofit ID: 59-0936101 Member of the University Research Magazine Association urma.org
Copyright ©2018 Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Florida/Arizona/Worldwide 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL 32114 All rights reserved.