- Letter from Leadership: Dr. P. Barry Butler shares why prioritizing safety can lead to important innovations.
- Capsules: Reaching New Heights • The Future of Floridian Heatwaves • Flying the Crowded Skies • Inventor Bracing for Success • Research Promises Speedier Evacuations • Remote Control • Tomorrow’s White Hats
- The Future of Floridian Heatwaves
- Keeping Schools Safer: Security researchers look for ways to buy critical time during school shootings.
- Stormy Weather: To stay safe in the sky, general aviation pilots need user-friendly weather displays and training.
- Exploring Mars in Utah: By developing better spacesuit designs, researchers work to protect space explorers on future missions to Mars and beyond.
- Do You Read Me?: Language barriers play a larger-than-expected role in aircraft accidents.
- Innovators - Persistence Pays Off: Snorri Gudmundsson helped develop lifesaving jet technology that earned the world’s top aviation prize.
- Innovators - Factoring In the Human Element: Scott Shappell’s human factors career spans the military, aviation and health.
- Q&A - Bringing Learning to Life: Virtual and augmented reality technologies are giving online students real-world experience.
- Final Approach - Helping Businesses Fly Higher: The Center for Entrepreneurship launches new businesses.
Scholarly Commons Citation
"ResearchER Fall 2018" (2018). ResearchER. 4.
VOLUME 2, NO. 2
ResearchER is published twice annually (Spring and Fall). Opinions expressed do not represent the official view of the university. Use of trade names implies no endorsement by Embry- Riddle Aeronautical University.
- UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT P. Barry Butler
- PROVOST AND SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS Lon Moeller
- VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS Anne Broderick Botteri
- EDITOR ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, NEWS AND RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS Ginger Pinholster
- SENIOR ADVISORS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS, PHILANTHROPY & ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT Anthony Brown
- DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS/EDITOR, PHILANTHROPY & ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT Sara Withrow
- Melanie Azam
- Deborah Circelli
- Becky Ham
- Michaela Jarvis
- Katharina Lane
- James Roddey
- Kim Sheeter
- Daniela A. Cabrera
- Julia DeMarines
- Nicole Hester
- Ryan L. Kobrick
- Daryl LaBello
- David Massey
- Connor McShane
- Josh Valcarcel
- Chi-Valry Wu
PRODUCED BY CASUAL ASTRONAUT, CASUALASTRONAUT.COM
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR Marc Oxborrow
- ART DIRECTOR Felicia Penza
- SENIOR EDITOR Colleen Ringer
- CHIEF CLIENT OFFICER Paul Peterson
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran’s status or sexual orientation.
Nonprofit ID: 59-0936101
Member of the University Research Magazine Association urma.org
Copyright ©2018 Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Florida/Arizona/Worldwide 600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL 32114 All rights reserved.