- In dependent consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer.
- B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in civil engineering, specialized in Construction Management.
- Experience: Over 26 years diversified:
- Industrial (14 years): private and public sector, in the U.S. and overseas. Positions occupied include project engineer / manager, cost estimator, planner / scheduler, project controls manager, cost manager, training manager.
- Academic (12 years full-time + 8 years part-time): faculty member / professor, head of department. Taught and created many courses; mostly in the general area of construction project management such as project planning, scheduling, and controls; and cost estimating. Conducted research and published / presented many papers. Also, served on numerous committees and performed a variety community service.
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world. Topics are mainly technical but also include many soft skills seminars.
- Numerous presentations in professional conferences such as PMI-College of Scheduling, PMI, AACE International, Primavera Users Conference. Also, a public speaker in many local, regional, and international events.
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control; was part of the PMI team that wrote the first Project Scheduling certification exam in 2007.
- Author of:
- Construction Project Scheduling and Control (currently 3rd edition)
- How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction (currently 4th edition)
- Many articles; technical and other
An advocate of holistic healthy living and sports