Location

Cocoa Beach, FL

Start Date

5-4-1965 8:00 AM

Description

How is my equipment doing?

Program managers are continually asking, f Where am I (status); how am I doing (measurement against plan); and where am I going (trend and forecasting)? 11 This line of questioning should not imply that they are uninformed, but that large programs are so complex that, as individuals, they cannot personally be aware of progress in all areas. With so many diverse technological developments underway simultaneously, they need systematic, understandable, and believable predigestion of timely information. Many times they wonder if the program is planned thoroughly, or if it is really adequate.

Testing is a major facet of a program and may account for 50 to 60 percent of the budget. It represents verification that the equipment can really do the job for which it was designed. Naturally, the program manager is interested in realistic understanding of his technical progress since demonstration of performance, by test, is a critical measure of whether his program will or will not be successful.

This paper discusses a methodology useful to planning and measuring progress toward the maturity of equipment by test, and presents sample visualizations useful to the program manager.

Share

COinS

Apr 5th, 8:00 AM

Planning and Measuring Technical Progress

Cocoa Beach, FL

How is my equipment doing?

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.