Location

Radisson Resort at the Port, Convention Center, Martinique Room

Start Date

2-5-2001 2:00 PM

Description

Each morning when I wake up, set about my daily chores and prepare for work, I earnestly feel that I am in a privileged position. You see, I work at the Kennedy Space Center with NASA contractor - Delaware North. My job description in KSC's Education Department is as follows: "To teU the NASA story and inspire all people to support the exploration of space". Our mission statement sounds quite simple, however, the work that my fellow educators and I engage in is far from that. Let me say right from the outset, I believe that Educating the Next Generation is one of the greatest responsibilities we face today. Scientists estimate that the very first human to walk on Mars has already been born and is probably attending school - right here in the United States! To meet this great challenge the questions we educators face today are many fold, but two questions are primary:

1) Are we preparing today's youth for that historic odyssey?

2) Can we do better?

Comments

Paper Session II-C - Educating the Next Generation

Session Chair: Richard Fisher, Program Director, Challenger Learning Center, Tallahassee, FL

Session Organizer: Jane Mosconi, NASA

Share

COinS

May 2nd, 2:00 PM

2) Can we do better?

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.