Bad Ideas About Writing
Download Full Text
Bad Ideas About Writing counters major myths about writing instruction. Inspired by the provocative science- and social-science-focused book This Idea Must Die and written for a general audience, the collection offers opinionated, research-based statements intended to spark debate and to offer a better way of teaching writing. Contributors, as scholars of rhetoric and composition, provide a snapshot of major myths about writing instruction in these essays. This collection is published in whole by the Digital Publishing Institute and in part by Inside Higher Ed.
- Bad Ideas About What Good Writing Is
- Bad Ideas About Who Good Writers Are
- Bad Ideas About Style, Usage, and Grammar
- Bad Ideas About Writing Techniques
- Bad Ideas About Genres
- Bad Ideas About Assessing Writing
- Bad Ideas About Writing and Digital Technology
- Bad Ideas About Writing Teachers
Cheryl E. Ball and Drew M. Loewe
Rhetoric and Composition
Scholarly Commons Citation
Ball, Cheryl E., "Bad Ideas About Writing" (2017). Open Access Textbooks. 11.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and is licensed by West Virginia University Libraries Digital Publishing Institute.