Location

Treasure Island Inn Daytona Beach, Florida

Description

There is not a faculty member who has taught the adult learner in the non-traditional environment that has not pondered the question of how it is you keep a class "going" for four or five hours. I have talked with quite a number who have even reached a conclusion-" You cannot! So just make the best of a bad situation." WRONG!!!

There are proven strategies and techniques for keeping a class "going" and doing it week after week, term after term. And, believe it or not, it can be done without an inordinate dependence on "there I was at 20,000 feet ..."

The answer cannot be found solely in traditional strategies and techniques--and that is where most of us are looking. The answer does emphasize multi-media presentations, simulations and gaming, and active participation and interaction by both faculty and the adult learner (the operative word being, "active").

Share

COinS

Teaching Techniques for the Long Haul