Aquaponic Systems

Project Type

group

Authors' Class Standing

William Wilkerson- Junior Samantha Arthur- Junior Ricardo Colon- Sophomore Carlos Aguilar-Velin- Senior Dillion Graham- Junior Seulki Choi- Senior Marcus Yancey-Richburg- Freshman

Lead Presenter's Name

William Wilkerson

Faculty Mentor Name

Jennifer Hinebaugh

Abstract

Imagine a world where what you own, becomes why you own it. Aquaponics is a journey of life that customers learn to grow their own produce. The system involves a fish tank and a grow bed. The fish produce ammonia, that turn into nitrites through the nitrification process, which becomes a fertilizer for the plants. I have already experimented in my own residence and it yields plants that are almost unnaturally natural.

First, why would someone want to be in complete control of the little things in life? The answer is that people should be in control, and most of all, restaurants should be in control of what they let their customers consume. When you order from a fast food chain do you know exactly where those products came from? Seeing is believing and I believe that with Aquaponic Systems that we can change the health of the entire nation.

Share

COinS

Aquaponic Systems