•  
  •  

Abstract

This story attempts to capture the relationship between terminally ill parents and their young adult children. The story is told by a mother who is trying to prepare her daughter for the inevitable, but her daughter refuses to give up. The mother internally struggles with the maternal need to protect her child from the stress of facing her death and the human need for support and open communication about her failing treatments, her side effects, and her eventual death.

Bio

I am Amanda Branton. I am a student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and writing is one of my hobbies. I have met many interesting people, and each one has added a little something to my life. I like to use writing as a way to capture the feelings, events, and memories I have collected over the years.

Share

COinS

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.