Bad Ideas About Writing counters major myths about writing instruction. Inspired by the provocative science- and social-science-focused book This Idea Must Die and written for a general audience, the collection offers opinionated, research-based statements intended to spark debate and to offer a better way of teaching writing. Contributors, as scholars of rhetoric and composition, provide a snapshot of major myths about writing instruction in these essays. This collection is published in whole by the Digital Publishing Institute and in part by Inside Higher Ed.
- Bad Ideas About What Good Writing Is
- Bad Ideas About Who Good Writers Are
- Bad Ideas About Style, Usage, and Grammar
- Bad Ideas About Writing Techniques
- Bad Ideas About Genres
- Bad Ideas About Assessing Writing
- Bad Ideas About Writing and Digital Technology
- Bad Ideas About Writing Teachers
Composition, academic writing
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Licensed by West Virginia University Libraries Digital Publishing Institute
Scholarly Commons Citation
Ball, C. E., & Loewe, D. M. (2017). Bad Ideas About Writing. , (). Retrieved from https://commons.erau.edu/oer-main/3