Submission Guidelines for Scholarly Commons
Who Can Submit to Scholarly Commons
Anyone affiliated with ERAU may contribute to Scholarly Commons. This includes faculty, administrators, affiliated researchers, visiting scholars, staff and emeriti faculty. Non-affiliated individuals may contribute material if the work has been co-authored with an ERAU author or if it is appropriate for publication in one of our hosted journals or conferences.
Student contributions are limited to final copies of theses and dissertations, works that have been co-authored with an ERAU faculty member, or papers, presentations, or posters recommended for inclusion by an ERAU faculty member. (Current ERAU faculty or staff members may not contribute a work completed while they were a student at ERAU, unless it is recommended for inclusion by the faculty member who was teaching or advising the student at the time the work was created.)
How to Submit to Scholarly Commons
Before you begin, please be sure you have the following items:
- The submission's title
- The abstract
- A list of keywords (10 maximum)
- The necessary publisher permissions for posting to an open-access repository. (SHERPA/RoMEO is a good source for this type of information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.)
- The appropriate electronic version or open-source hyperlink to your file. Scholarly Commons accepts most electronic formats; however PDF is preferred. If you need assistance converting a document to PDF, please contact email@example.com.
You can email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a Hazy Library or Hunt Library liaison will handle checking publisher requirements and uploading your documents. Or you can follow the instructions below to submit research to Scholarly Commons yourself. Whichever method you choose, you will be notified shortly regarding the status of your submission to Scholarly Commons.
Faculty and Staff Direct Submission Instructions
- Click the Submit Research link in the left menu.
- Choose Submit Research for faculty and stuff submission submissions.
- Log in using your ERAU ERNIE credentials (ex: smithj45).
- A Submission Agreement will appear. Read and accept the Submission Agreement. (The text of the Submission Agreement is below.)
- Complete the upload form by providing the information about yourself, co-authors, if any, your department, your publication, and grant information, if relevant, that is requested.
- Upload your electronic file and, if appropriate, associated files.
- A Hazy Library or Hunt Library librarian will review your submission to ensure that the record is complete and that the publisher’s requirements have been followed. You will receive a status report within two business days.
- Once approved, your publication will appear in Scholarly Commons and can be added to your Selected Works profile, if desired.
Additional information about submissions can be found in the About and Policies sections of Scholarly Commons. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Submission Agreement from Upload Form
By checking the box below, I grant Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University the non-exclusive right to distribute my submisson ("the Work") over the Internet and make it part of the Scholarly Commons.
I warrant as follows:
- that I have the full power and authority to make this agreement;
- that the Work does not infringe any copyright, nor violate any proprietary rights, nor contain any libellous matter, nor invade the privacy of any person or third party; and
- that no right in the Work has in any way been sold, mortgaged, or otherwise disposed of, and that the Work is free from all liens and claims.
I understand that once a Work is deposited in the repository, it may not be removed except under extraordinary circumstances. Please see the Policies section for additional information.
Thank you for promoting your research through Scholarly Commons. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.