Theta-Pinch Electromagnetic Conic Element Plasma Thruster

Authors' Class Standing

Richard Reksoatmodjo, Freshman

Lead Presenter

Richard Reksoatmodjo

Faculty Mentor Name

Darrel Smith

Format Preference

Demonstration

Abstract

The Theta-Pinch Electromagnetic Conic Element Plasma Thruster (Theta-PINCH Plasma Thruster) research project, which is being funded through Embry Riddle Aeronautical University's Ignite Grant Research fund, will be presented at Discovery Day 2014 through the collaborative efforts of myself and three of my research project mates. At the time of the presentation on April 4th, we are anticipating that we will have completely finished all computer simulations, and will be in the process of purchasing all necessary components to build the first functional model of the plasma thruster. Thus, the content of our presentation will mostly concern the results and conclusions of the completed computer simulations, along with the basic physical concepts and inspirations behind the idea of the Theta-PINCH plasma thruster. This presentation will be given in the form of a slideshow with a series of four live commentators, one of whom will be me.

Location

AC1-107 (Bldg. 74)

Start Date

4-4-2014 2:10 PM

End Date

4-4-2014 2:25 PM

Share

COinS

Apr 4th, 2:10 PM Apr 4th, 2:25 PM

AC1-107 (Bldg. 74)