Mathematics, Science and Technology
Defining Imposter Syndrome
- Despite evidence, fears being exposed as not having the expertise expected in your role.
- Despite evidence, feels like a fraud.
- Attributes success to luck, masking skills, or the work of other people.
- Internalizes failure and over-focus on mistakes.
- Over-estimates abilities of others, underestimates amount of work those individuals put in.
Scholarly Commons Citation
Faulconer, E. (2020). Imposter Syndrome in Academia. , (). Retrieved from https://commons.erau.edu/publication/2029