Save the Date!
32nd National Training Aircraft Symposium (NTAS)
March 2 - 4, 2020
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Daytona Beach, Florida
2020 Call for Abstracts for Papers and Presentations
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts (for Papers and Presentations) for the 2020 National Training Aircraft Symposium (NTAS). Abstract submission period is June 28 - November 1, 2019. The conference will be held March 2 - 4, 2020, at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Daytona Beach campus.
We invite abstract proposals based on the topic areas listed in the Conference Details. (For planning purposes, we ask that an abstract/brief summary be submitted for traditional conference presentations/non-academic research papers.) Additional information is available via the Abstract Information link under the Author Corner in the left sidebar of this page. For questions regarding the Call for Abstracts, please contact
|Action & Dates|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||November 1, 2019|
|Abstract Decision to Author(s)||December 2, 2019|
|Presentation Submission Deadline||February 15, 2020|
|Conference||March 2 - 4, 2020|
|Paper Submission Deadline (optional)
(for publishing consideration in special conference peer-reviewed journal)
|March 20, 2020|
Make your plans now to attend NTAS! We are creating an exciting agenda that includes:
- Monday, March 2: Full-Day
- Tuesday, March 3: Full-Day
- Wednesday, March 4: Symposium ends at 1:00pm with Lunch and Keynote Speaker
There are a number of opportunities to participate as one of our valued sponsors. Click here to find out more! Some items have limited availability. Visit the Sponsorship/Exhibit Registration site for current opportunities available. Thank you for being an important part of our symposium!
THANK YOU to our generous sponsors! Many sponsor opportunities are still available — don't miss out!
2020 Conference Details
The National Training Aircraft Symposium (NTAS) serves as a forum for aviation professionals from academia, government, and industry to exchange ideas and learn about ways to address problems in the aviation industry.
NTAS allows various stakeholders to discuss problems and potential solutions in areas such as flight training, human factors, leadership, aviation maintenance, safety, technology, virtual reality, air traffic management, urban air mobility, STEM education, and other emerging issues in aviation. This forum is committed to providing a venue for aviation professionals to interact with one another, to explore new ideas, and to build new relationships that result in better training and education.
This year's symposium will be dedicated to the following areas:
- Flight Training
- - Ab initio flight training
- - Advanced flight training
- - Changes to FAA written exams
- - Outcomes of ATP-R
- - Strategies / Successes in mentoring school-age children about aviation careers
- Urban Air Mobility - Challenges and opportunities for pilots
- - Training
- - Implications for pilots
- Integrated Airspace (Manned vs. Unmanned)
- NextGen — What's been done and what lies ahead
- STEM Education
- - Supporting the next generation of aviation professionals
- Pilot Supply / Flight Instructor Supply.
- Professionalism / Leadership.
- Air Traffic Management
- - Managing the National Airspace System: What role should government play?
- - Air Traffic Controller Shortage - Fact or Fiction?
- Aviation Safety Management Systems
- - Airlines
- - FBOs
- - Incorporating Human Factors
- - UAS
- Aviation Maintenance
- - Maintenance technician shortage
- - Human factors integration
- - New technologies for ab initio flight training
- - Transition to changing technologies
- - Benefits and drawbacks of automation
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality in Aviation Training
2018 Conference proceedings are available via individual presentation pages (< click here) and the daily agenda links for all presentations including keynote speakers, featured speakers, etc.
2017 Conference proceedings are available via individual presentation pages (< click here) and the daily agenda links for all presentations including keynote speakers, featured speakers, etc.
We are improving this website by adding 2009 - 2015 NTAS conference materials. Enjoy browsing the site while we are under construction.