Establishing a SelectedWorks Site:
SelectedWorks pages are currently available to faculty associated with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Getting Started:
- Go to https://works.bepress.com
- Click the Menu icon on the top right corner of the page (three horizontal bars).
- If you already have a bepress account, log in with your email address and password and jump to section "Personalizing you SelectedWorks" page below.
- If you don't have an account, click Sign up:
- Fill out the subsequent form using your email address, not your alias. After creating a new account, a confirmation email will be sent to you. Please click on the link in the email to activate your account.
- A pop-up box will appear for you to fill out. It will include a suggested URL which you can change. Once you select the URL, this will be permanent. Everything else can be changed later.
- Personalizing your SelectedWorks page:
- Hover your mouse over the page and look for the icons with a pencil. Click on those icons to edit your name, your title, your biography.
- On the left, you will see a camera when you hover your mouse. Click on this icon to add/change your picture.
- Completing your profile:
- Click on "About" in the middle of the page.
- Hover the mouse over the fields to find the Edit icon.
- Adding document records to your page:
- If you are not already on the "Works" page by default, click on "Works" in the middle of the page.
- Click on "Manage Categories" to add or rearrange the categories you want your documents to appear under i.e. Articles, Book Chapters, Presentations, Datasets, etc.
- Click on "Add Work."
- Select "Import Works." This will import any full-text items from Scholarly Commons.
- Checkmark the records you wish to add and assign them a "Type of Work" and a "Display Category" (the list of categories you created from the "Manage Categories" will appear as you type.
- Select Harvest Works. This will import any citations from sources such as Scopus. Scan these citations after they’ve been imported to make sure they are yours and do not belong to someone with the same or similar name.
- Repeat the Checkmark instructions above.
- Edit records as needed. Note: if the record is harvested from another repository where it is hosted, you will not be able to edit it in SelectedWorks.
You can email questions to