August 13 - 15, 2018: The Changing Role of the Pilot
2018 Keynote Speakers
THANK YOU to our generous sponsors! Sponsor opportunities are still available — don't miss out!
Embry-Riddle’s Professional Programs is pleased to announce three post-conference workshops on Wednesday, August 15. Click the links below for details.
• Workshop 2: Aviation Cybersecurity Management (1:00 – 4:00pm) – Cost: $50
• Workshop 3: Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) (1:00 – 4:00pm) – Cost: $50
Register for Post-Conference Workshops (< click here). Registration deadline is July 25, 2018.
2018 Conference Details
The National Training Aircraft Symposium (NTAS) serves as a forum for aviation professionals from academia, government, and industry to exchange ideas and learn about ways to address problems in the aviation industry. With the technological advances in automation and the advent of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), this year’s theme is focused on The Changing Role of the Pilot.
NTAS is focused on serving as a platform to enhance partnerships between academia and industry. The symposium allows various stakeholders to discuss problems and potential solutions in areas such as pilot supply, flight training, safety, technology, leadership, virtual reality, STEM education, and other emerging issues in aviation. This forum is committed to providing a venue for aviation professionals to interact with one another, to explore new ideas, and to build new relationships that result in better training and education.
This year's symposium will be dedicated to the following areas:
- Advanced flight training
- Changes to FAA written exams
- Outcomes of ATP-R
- Strategies / Successes in mentoring school-age children about aviation careers
• NextGen — What's been done and what lies ahead
• Pilot Supply
• Professionalism / Leadership
• Safety Management Systems integration
- Incorporating Human Factors
- Human factors integration
- Transition to changing technologies
- Benefits and drawbacks of automation
• Personal Air Vehicles — Challenges and opportunities for pilots
- Implications for pilots